Here are some local events to check out
- Construction firm settles $1.5M sexual harassment case
The New York Attorney General's Office has reached a $1.5 million settlement with a Long Island-based construction company over claims that several workers–mostly women of color–were sexually... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Women's health tech company Kindbody raises $32M as it charts path to IPO
Manhattan health-tech company Kindbody has raised $32 million in a Series B round to fund further expansion in the U.S. for its women's health platform. The company sells fertility benefit packages... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Get the most out of Crain’s Data Membership
Our enhanced Data Center provides Data Members with improved offerings, including interactive and custom list functionality. Learn more about how to use these features in the above video and when you... To view the full story, click the title link.
- New York’s desirability may be dropping—if only temporarily
With hurricane-like force, the pandemic arrived in the city in March, shuttering schools, businesses and offices. For the first time in living memory, the city came to an abrupt halt. Many... To view the full story, click the title link.
- City should do more to help community groups become landowners: report
The city needs to do a better job of helping nonprofits own real estate if it wants them to be more sustainable, according to a report from the urban planning organization Hester Street. The report... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Mayor blames government red tape for lack of MWBE contracting during pandemic
Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday said the city failed minority- and women-owned businesses by not granting them sufficient Covid-19 contracts during the height of the pandemic, blaming outdated... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Wall Street reaps a bonanza on Fed’s support for corporate debt
That boon underscores how the biggest banks’ roles as financial intermediaries can translate to billions of dollars of profits after borrowing floodgates open. When the firms start releasing their... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Robotic software firm UiPath raises funds at $10.2B value
UiPath Inc., a software maker that helps companies automate repetitive tasks like data entry, has closed a round of funding that values the company at $10.2 billion. The financing round, which the... To view the full story, click the title link.
- New York & Co. parent files for bankruptcy and may shut stores
RTW Retailwinds Inc., the parent of New York & Co., filed for bankruptcy, and the century-old women’s apparel chain may close all of its stores. RTW “expects to close a significant portion, if not... To view the full story, click the title link.
- PPP loan program doesn't go far enough, city businesses say
Small business owner Susannah Koteen thought the Paycheck Protection Program would be a lifeline. Instead its restrictions and guidelines have become a burden. “We’ve gone through half our money,”... To view the full story, click the title link.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin