- ‘Flimsy lifeline’: Broadway theaters, comedy clubs and music venues frustrated over federal aid
Operators of the city’s theaters, clubs and music venues were ready to upload their financials, ticket sales and floor plans for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant online application April 8, when... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Early retirement incentives for city workers is foolhardy and expensive
New York state has just authorized New York City to offer most civilian employees an incentive to retire early. The city should flatly reject this opportunity. Why should the city spend money to save... To view the full story, click the title link.
- State to move bar, restaurant curfew to midnight starting next week
New York state will push back a curfew currently in place for bars and restaurants from 11 p.m. to midnight starting April 19, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday. The governor also announced... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Laid-off Broadway performers find roles staffing Times Square vaccination site
More than 80 laid-off Broadway workers have new roles: They are helping operate a pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic that opened Monday in Times Square. At the site, which can administer up to 1,500... To view the full story, click the title link.
- J&J vaccine pause a minor blip; efforts must press on, experts say
New York state paused its use of Johnson and Johnson’s one-shot Covid-19 vaccine Tuesday in accordance with federal guidance, causing a minor setback to local inoculation efforts. Officials and local... To view the full story, click the title link.
- After Coinbase listing, investor Fred Wilson’s stake is worth $6B
Venture-capital investor Fred Wilson has hit some big home runs over the years. His investment in Coinbase is a certifiable grand slam. Wilson’s firm, Union Square Ventures, controlled a stake... To view the full story, click the title link.
- ‘Stop with the suicide thing,’ taxi chief tells cab owner opposed to mayor’s medallion plan
The head of the city Taxi and Limousine Commission told a yellow-cab owner whose brother killed himself over the collapse of the city’s medallion market to “stop with the suicide thing” and support... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Record venture capital investment brings rise of New York mega startups
New York City startups raised $10.2 billion in venture-capital investment during the first three months of the year, the largest total for any single quarter on record. That record investment... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Eli Zabar café moving, expanding Upper East Side location
Eli Zabar’s gluten-free café has leased space for a new and larger location on the Upper East Side. Noglu, which Zabar and Frederique Jules opened in 2015, is setting up its new location at 1260... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Ousted Knotel chief continues to face litigation from landlords
Former Knotel CEO Amol Sarva might have been ousted from the company following its sale to Newmark last month, but angry landlords are still going after him personally for unpaid rent... To view the full story, click the title link.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin